The display, with ranges of 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 nautical miles shows AIS carrying vessels and SART transponders in a format normally associated with conventional radar. A trail or previous positions clearly chows the relative track of all the targets on the screen. A box to the right of the screen displays the speed over the ground, the vessel name, MMSI number and the latitude and longitude of any target selected by the user.
As each vessel leaves a trail of previous positions the user can instantly see its relative position and bearing. Should any vessel cause concern (particularly if there is a risk of collision) it can be selected and its AIS data displayed. The MMSI number is immediately available so, in the last resort, a DSC call can be made directly to that vessel. If the user selects his own vessel then the screen repeats the users GPS position, course and speed over ground.
Each vessel’s status is shown by a different symbol so the user can see if a vessel is underway, at anchor, fishing, etc.
The compact unit has a white backlit LCD display, operates from 12 volts and consumes little power.
- Ranges 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 Nautical Miles
- Receives class A, B and SART AIS transmissions
- Tracks up to 30 vessels
- Uses standard Marine VHF antenna
- 161.975 and 162.025 MHZ operation
- Uses standard NMEA0183 GPS input
- High contrast display with white backlight
- Supply voltage 12 – 15v DC
- Consumption 50mA @12v (100mA with backlight)
- Optional stirrup mount bracket available
- Dimensions – W 150mm, H 112mm, D 42mm