Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) or propane is an invaluable source of energy on many boats. It should however be used with great care. In its gaseous form it is heavier than air and will always collect in the lowest part of the vessel. Any liquid spilled could sink to the bilge and unable to escape, the gas released could build up to explosive proportions.
The system consists of a cabin mounted monitor and a remote sensor. The monitor gives visual and audible warning if gas levels at the sensor are above 10% LEL and will warn of a fault condition such as damaged cables etc. There is also an auxiliary output to drive external devices. The splash proof sensor is supplied with a 5 metre cable and has a test button to check the system right through to the gas sensor element. The sensor element is user replaceable in the event of contamination.
- Fail safe system warns user of system faults
- Continuous performance monitor
- Spare low cost plug in catalytic sensor element available
- External output to drive auxiliary equipment
- L.E.D’s show system status continually
- Two tone alarm activated when gas level reaches 10% of lower explosive limit.