The messages are displayed on a high contrast backlit liquid crystal display with a clear line space between messages to aid location – this is necessary as the unit has a very large memory. You can be sure you always up to the minute data as the memory will overwrite the oldest messages if it becomes full. However you can at any time erase the data memory if you wish. It is like a continuous stream of paper – without the mess or expense!
A unique feature of the receiver is the ‘Data Streamer’, this is a very useful function that enables the user to see live messages scrolling along the bottom line of the display, whether they are programmed in or not. Navtex has come of age a free world – wide information service in English*.
A Navtex receiver is fast becomming a most essential piece of equipment and the Target Navtex Pro is state of the art. This excellent piece of equipment comes complete with its own active aerial and is designed to be left on continuously – consuming a miserly 40mA. Can you afford to be without one?
* Some stations transmit in their local language on 490khz.
- 518 & 490 Khz operation
- 800 line memory with line space between messages and no words broken at line ends.
- Automatic reset from power up
- Single and multiple line message scrolling
- Non volatile program memory
- Program status can be viewed and changed at any time
- All messages displayed via data streamer whether programmed or not
- Switchable backlight with power save timer
- Easy to read on a high contrast backlit LCD
- AERIAL – active 195mm by 40mm stub type with 7 metre cable. (Mounting bracket and 7 metre extension cable available)
- Receiver supplied with cradle mounting bracket